I have the greatest job in the world.
Everyday, I get to work with some of my good friends and
associates. We delve into the deepest natural energies that form the
basis of our lives. We work, listen and move forward through life
together. It's been this way for over 32 years now. I'm looking
forward to many more.
Who am I? What am I doing here in Belvedere- Tiburon?
This page is about me. It's a very brief rundown of who I am, my history, career and what I'm doing now:
This is who I have been:
- I've been bringing acupuncture, Chinese herbs, medical qi gong and feng shui services to Marin County since 1988.
- I've been a California and nationally licensed acupuncturist and herbalist for the same amount of time.
- Over the course of my practice, I've done my best to set the best possible standard for high-quality personal alternative health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- I've studied the beliefs and sciences of indigenous cultures since I was very young. This led me to explore directly these cultures and to go through many fascinating and unique experiences.
- My adventures led me to writing, non-profit work and leading seminars and workshops to help more people than I can in my medical practice.
- Because of my alternative medical practice, I've had to go deeply into the academic study of a number of indigenous and modern sciences to discover how best to help my patients. As a result, I've authored and published numerous books and articles on a variety of subjects relating to Traditional Chinese Medicine, indigenous medicine and indigenous cultural practices.
- I'm the founder of the Min Jie school, which is a classical method to learn about and practice the use of Chinese herbs.
- I'm the also the founder of studymedicaltraditions.org, which is a platform to teach and study medical traditions from around the world.
My medical practice has had some range over the years:
-Individual healing sessions at my office using acupuncture, Chinese herbs and medical qi gong.
- On-site feng shui design and consultation.
- Lectures delivered across a spectrum of academic and social institutions from small rural classrooms to the United Nations.
- Traveling worldwide to give lectures and workshops on medical anthropology, Aztec cosmology, Aztec religion and the indigenous origins of the Virgin of Guadalupe.
- Formula design and consultation for high-quality specialty herbal medicines.
- Lecturing, writing and educating about the effects and side effects of cannabis from the viewpoint of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Teaching about the classical uses of Chinese herbs.
- Promoting dialogue between practitioners of different traditional medical systems from around the world so that we can challenge and develop our practice of medicine and the field of traditional medicines.
- The ancient Chinese medical classics state, "The superior
physician treats the society as well as the patient." I do my best to
live by this motto. It's also what brought me to Belvedere-Tiburon.
Why am I here in Belvedere-Tiburon?
I arrived in Belvedere-Tiburon with a full medical practice. So
why am I here? Because the place is right, the time is right and the
people are right.
The place is right because:
- I chose the feng shui of Elixir and the time I came here with a very high degree of intention.
- I can say that Belvedere-Tiburon chose me as much as I chose it. The highly unusual and incomparable population of Marin County, particularly Belvedere-Tiburon, has supported and continues to support me in each meticulous step of this process. For this I am grateful.
- The feng shui of Belvedere-Tiburon is unique in the world.
- This superb feng shui sets the perfect conditions to create the alchemical elixir that is my job to create at this time. Belvedere- Tiburon is the best environment to perform this work that I've found anywhere.
- My long-standing history in Marin County has created an
authentic basis to do this work.
The timing is right because:
- This is a time of great renewal all over the world. This is especially true in the United States right now.
- The feng shui calendar indicates that the next 15 years or so are the perfect time for me to do this work at exactly this location.
- My teachers have emphasized that this is the right thing for me to
do at this time. This is due to my state of readiness and a
confluence of natural forces that are aligned in this direction.
The people are right because:
- I've spent the last 25 years developing the very substantial group of people that I've been working with. I know them well and they know me well. The depth of this ongoing conversation and interaction is what birthed Elixir.
- I've worked with this group of patients on a long-term basis. This relationship has developed to the point where I'm able to work with each of their lives as a whole. This is a very, very special opportunity to do the deepest possible work.
- Each of us has seen the effects of this work in the real world for
many years now. We want to take it to the highest level.
That's what we're doing here at Elixir.
I hope to answer all your questions about acupuncture, Chinese
herbs, feng shui and exactly what I'm doing here in Belvedere-
Tiburon in the pages of tiburon-acupuncture.com.
John Mini M.S.C.M./L.Ac.