John Mini, M.S.C.M./L.Ac. Traditional Chinese Medicine and Belvedere-Tiburon, California
I have the greatest job in the world.
Everyday, I get to work with some of my good friends and
associates. We delve into the deepest natural energies that form the
basis of our lives. We work, listen and move forward through life
together. It's been this way for over 25 years now. I'm looking
forward to many more.
Who am I? What am I doing here in Belvedere-
This page is about me. It's a very brief run down of who I am, my
history, career and what I'm doing now:
This is who I have been:
- I've been bringing acupuncture, Chinese herbs, medical qi gong
and feng shui services to Marin County since 1988.
- I've been a California and nationally licensed acupuncturist and
herbalist for the same amount of time.
- Over the course of my practice, I've done my best to set the best
possible standard for high-quality personal alternative health care
in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- I've studied the beliefs and sciences of indigenous cultures since
I was very young. This led me to explore directly these cultures
and to go through many fascinating and unique experiences.
- My adventures led me to writing, non-profit work and leading
seminars and workshops to help more people than I can in my
- Because of my alternative medical practice, I've had to go deeply
into the academic study of a number of indigenous and modern
sciences to discover how best to help my patients. As a result, I've
authored and published numerous books and articles on a variety
of subjects relating to Traditional Chinese Medicine, indigenous
medicine and indigenous cultural practices.
- I'm the founder of Heart Dawn Pacific, a non-profit organization
that promotes the study, practice and preservation of indigenous
science, medicine and spiritual practice.
My medical practice has had some range over the
-Individual healing sessions at my office using acupuncture,
Chinese herbs and medical qi gong.
- On-site feng shui design and consultation.
- Lectures delivered across a spectrum of academic and social
institutions from small rural classrooms to the United Nations.
- Traveling worldwide to give lectures and workshops on medical
anthropology, Aztec cosmology, Aztec religion and the indigenous
origins of the Virgin of Guadalupe.
- Formula design and consultation for high-quality specialty herbal medicines.
- Lecturing, writing and educating about the effects and side effects of cannabis from the viewpoint of traditional Chinese medicine.
- The ancient Chinese medical classics state, "The superior
physician treats the society as well as the patient." I do my best to
live by this motto. It's also what brought me to Belvedere-Tiburon.
Why am I here in Belvedere-Tiburon?
I arrived in Belvedere-Tiburon with a full medical practice. So
why am I here? Because the place is right, the time is right and the
people are right.
The place is right because:
- I chose the feng shui of Elixir and the time I came here with a
very high degree of intention.
- I can say that Belvedere-Tiburon chose me as much as I chose it.
The highly unusual and incomparable population of Marin County,
particularly Belvedere-Tiburon, has supported and continues to
support me in each meticulous step of this process. For this I am
- The feng shui of Belvedere-Tiburon is unique in the world.
- This superb feng shui sets the perfect conditions to create the
alchemical elixir that is my job to create at this time. Belvedere-
Tiburon is the best environment to perform this work that I've
- My long-standing history in Marin County has created an
authentic basis to do this work.
The timing is right because:
- This is a time of great renewal all over the world. This is
especially true in the United States right now.
- The feng shui calendar indicates that the next 15 years or so are
the perfect time for me to do this work at exactly this location.
- My teachers have emphasized that this is the right thing for me to
do at this time. This is due to my state of readiness and a
confluence of natural forces that are aligned in this direction.
The people are right because:
- I've spent the last 25 years developing the very substantial group
of people that I've been working with. I know them well and they
know me well. The depth of this ongoing conversation and
interaction is what birthed Elixir.
- I've worked with this group of patients on a long-term basis. This
relationship has developed to the point where I'm able to work
with each of their lives as a whole. This is a very, very special
opportunity to do the deepest possible work.
- Each of us has seen the effects of this work in the real world for
many years now. We want to take it to the highest level.
That's what we're doing here at Elixir.
I hope to answer all your questions about acupuncture, Chinese
herbs, feng shui and exactly what I'm doing here in Belvedere-
Tiburon in the pages of tiburon-acupuncture.com.
For even more details on my career, you can take a look at my
Are all acupuncturists the same?
What do I give my patients that is so unique?
Chinese Herbal Medicine FAQS
John Mini M.S.C.M./L.Ac.